EPISODE #29: TRUSTING YOUR GUT WITH EMMA HENDERSON AND VICTORIA BEATTIE FROM THE BEACH PEOPLE
Create something when you can't find it yourself. That's what sisters Emma Henderson and Victoria Beattie of The Beach People did when they created their first product, the iconic roundie towel. Fast forward to today and the sisters have built a globally admired brand of luxury seaside essentials but like many other creative businesses, their success hasn't been a walk in the park. They've had to work hard, very hard, to get to where they are today and trusting their gut to make big decisions in their business has been a huge part of that journey.
So today I am excited to speak to the girls about creating something when you can find it yourself, managing the early days of a creative business, recognising the need to dream bigger, pushing yourself to grow your business, making decisions, trusting your gut in business, working with family, blending mum life and work life, and product growth.
"Everything stems really naturally from our every day life."
"Business is never a finished to do list, it's always an ongoing to do list."
SUBSCRIBE, DOWNLOAD AND LISTEN ON ITUNES HERE!
Or listen on Soundcloud below!
Remember to sign up to the Your Creative Start Podcast newsletter for more actionable advice and wisdom bombs, as well as secret episodes! When you sign up, you’ll also receive a Getting Started Checklist - for FREE! Sign up here (scroll down to the bottom of the page).
"This is so much bigger than we expected, and that's when we acknowledged the business and have it the respect it deserved."
"We still put our lifestyle first and we never thought it would create a dream career for us."
- Creating something when you can't find it yourself
- Managing the early days of a creative business
- Recognising the need to dream bigger
- Pushing yourself to grow your business
- Making decisions
- Trusting your gut in business
- Instincts and intuition
- Gut health
- Working with family
- Sister contracts
- Blending mum life and work life
- Product growth
"Trust your gut; your gut speaks to you."
"Being in business makes you ballsy and you learn to trust yourself."
- Brand Guidelines
- Just Pixels
- Gut by Guilia Enders
- The Alchemist
- Nick Fouquet
- High Low Podcast
- The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein Podcast
- Dr Caroline Leaf Podcast
- Tim Ferriss interview of Ariana Huffington
- Lunch Box by Pete Evans
- There is More by Brian Houston
- The Magic Pill Documentary by Pete Evans
FIND THE BEACH PEOPLE
- The Beach People www.thebeachpeople.com.au
- Instagram www.instagram.com/thebeachpeople
- Emma Henderson www.instagram.com/emmahenderson
- Victoria Beattie www.instagram.com/mrsvictoriabeattie
FIND YOUR CREATIVE START