EPISODE #20: PART 1 | CREATING AN INFLUENTIAL ONLINE PRESENCE WITH ELEANOR PENDLETON FROM GRITTY PRETTY
For the first YCS Podcast episode of 2018, I have the absolute pleasure of interviewing one of my favourite people, Eleanor Pendleton from Gritty Pretty, Australia's leading beauty website, digital magazine and curated e-shop. We talk about what it takes to create an influential online presence and because we had so much to talk about, I decided to split her interview into a two part episode series.
On this weeks episode, Eleanor and I talk about doing what you love, strategising your passion, creating something when you can't find it yourself, how to get people to come back to your website and blog, using social media as a communication tool to connect with your audience, luck in business and what it really means, women supporting women, making your online presence stand out from the crowd, what makes influencers influential and instagram strategies.
"i certainly didn't intend for Gritty Pretty to be a business, but it seemingly evolved that way and I am really glad it did"
"you have to completely love, and live, and breath your business but you also have to have that business savviness"
SUBSCRIBE, DOWNLOAD AND LISTEN ON ITUNES HERE!
Or listen on Soundcloud below!
Remember to sign up to the Your Creative Start Podcast newsletter for more actionable advice and wisdom bombs, as well as secret episodes! When you sign up, you’ll also receive a Getting Started Checklist - for FREE! Sign up here (scroll down to the bottom of the page).
"i think the amazing thing about our audience is that we have a dialogue with them, and nothing gives me greater satisfaction that being able to connect with my audience"
"i've worked really hard to get to where i am; i've had no leg up, no one gave me a helping hand when i started"
- Doing what you love
- Strategising your passion
- Creating something when you can't find it yourself
- Building your own website
- How to get people to come back to your website
- Using social media as a communication tool to connect with your audience
- Dealing with roadblocks
- Luck in business and what it really means
- Women supporting women
- What makes websites and blogs stand out
- What makes influencers influential
- Instagram strategies
"as women we are always so quick to be self-deprecating"
"it's important to give credit where credit is due; we also have to give it to ourselves, and not feel bad for it, not feel guilty for it, and not feel smug about it - just happily be proud"
FIND YOUR ELEANOR PENDLETON & GRITTY PRETTY
- Gritty Pretty www.grittypretty.com
- Instagram www.instagram.com/gritty_pretty & www.instagram.com/eleanorpendleton
- Facebook www.facebook.com/grittypretty
- Twitter www.twitter.com/grittyprettyed
- Youtube www.youtube.com
FIND YOUR CREATIVE START
- Your Creative Start www.yourcreativestart.com
- Instagram www.instagram.com/yourcreativestart
- Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/yourcreativestart
- Pinterest www.pinterest.com/yourcreativestart
- Soundcloud www.soundcloud.com/yourcreativestart